||5/23/2012 1:02:31 PM|
Avnet Technology Solutions Announces New VSPEX Cloud Accelerator Program for Resellers in the U.S. and Canada at EMC World 2012
Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced its Avnet VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program at EMC World 2012. This new program provides EMC partners a path to quickly deploy VSPEX private clouds managed by Microsoft System Center 2012.
EMC® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructures are validated reference architectures developed to deliver private cloud and virtual desktop infrastructure solutions for small-to-medium enterprise (SME) customers that are ready to transition from virtualization to private cloud environments. VSPEX combine leading primary and back-up storage solutions from EMC with cloud-optimized, networking solutions from leading suppliers like Brocade and Cisco, plus applications and system management tools from Microsoft, and security solutions from RSA.
“VSPEX is a validated open architecture designed for Intel®-based servers and hypervisor choice, which gives channel resellers and systems integrators the ability to leverage their current supplier line cards for compute and hypervisor solutions that will differentiate their market offerings,” explained Scott Look, vice president and general manager of the Technology Infrastructure Solutions group at Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. “Value creation is at the core of Avnet’s supplier and reseller partnerships. Our new VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program provides the ideal foundational building blocks for partners and SMEs looking to reduce complexity while building Proven Infrastructures for compute, network, storage management and security.”
Avnet’s VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program improves the speed and ease of cloud deployments by:
- Leveraging Avnet’s Microsoft value-added distributor (VAD) status to deliver differentiated cloud management via Microsoft, one of the world’s largest SME application providers, to accelerate cloud deployments with Microsoft SharePoint, SQL and Exchange applications.
- Providing technical configuration and validation support across multiple brands, including functionality for VSPEX via the Microsoft System Center 2012 management suite.
- Enhancing Avnet’s ease of doing business using a single integrated quote, configuration and order entry process led by Avnet’s dedicated EMC sales organization.
- Accelerating channel awareness and reseller partner adoption with Avnet’s technical services and “Top Gun” partner training boot camps.
- Providing leading security solutions through Avnet’s partnership with RSA and STEALTHbits to provide optimized Microsoft application security.
- Enhancing reseller partners and system integrators’ services opportunities with Avnet’s Data Center Lifecycle Services, as well as Brocade, Cisco, EMC, Microsoft and VMware® consulting resources.
“We are looking forward to capitalizing on this new VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program from Avnet and the sales opportunities it will provide to us,” said Al Chien, vice president of sales for Dasher Technologies, a leading system integrator and Avnet partner. “Avnet is bringing together best-in-class solutions while empowering Dasher Technologies to maximize our supplier line card by leveraging Avnet’s unique value proposition and services to accelerate our customers’ journey to private cloud.”
“As the trusted advisor, multi-vendor expert and point of integration for customers, the channel plays a vital role in enabling customers to successfully transition to the cloud,” said Regan McGrath, vice president of global channel sales and marketing at Brocade. “The network is a critical component to delivering cloud solutions. Avnet’s VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program provides the solutions, guidance, support and services to assist channel partners in deploying cloud computing to their customers simply, quickly and effectively.”
Channel solutions providers at EMC World 2012 can learn more about Avnet’s new VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program by attending the Avnet breakout session on Wednesday, May 23 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (PDT) at The Venetian, Casanova #603 meeting room on level one. Channel solutions providers can also learn more by visiting http://www.emceasystreet.com/ and clicking on “VSPEX” or by contacting their Avnet representative.
Follow Avnet Technology Solutions, North America, on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AvnetAdvantage